Tuesday, May 29, 2012

This has been a truly wonderful last few days. We celebrated Floyd's 1st birthday with a huge party this past Sunday up at my Uncle and Aunts. They were gracious to offer their home/yard for the party. It was a beautiful day and I was truly blessed to have had so many wonderful people come. Old friends, new friends and many family members. We were also able to have Rod's Mom, step Father Walter and step sister Kelly in town. Rod's Mom is the type of woman who does not rest ; ) She was busy helping out from the moment their plane landed until they flew home yesterday. They were gracious with gifts for Floyd and a huge help with the party!

Floyd's two Grandmoms!

My sisters and I, with Floyd and Lulu!

I was surprised at myself during this one year old bash, normally I am the type of person that gets awfully anxious for parties, particularly if I am hosting. Maybe it was all the help I had, but I am pleased to say I enjoyed every minute of the party and did not feel an ounce of anxiety. I was able to talk, meaningfully, with many of my friends. I didn't feel rushed to get the party going or to get it over with,  I just enjoyed the day and watched my little Floyd take it all in.

SUGAR!

I think this may be due to the fact that this past year any type of "stress" I used to experience got pushed  aside to let in the real and new "stress" that comes with being a Mother. Motherhood, is a gift from God. I think being faced with situations that at one point challenged me I am now more easily relaxed and content. 

(Unless it has to do with me going to the theatre, in which case I don't think I will ever not be nervous entering this building! Ha!) 
Joking joking joking! 
(sort of)

What really causes me anxiety now... is far greater and more important than the silly stuff of the past. I am anxious with a Mother's heart for the children that lay in wait across the sea, the orphans with special needs who are never celebrated at the turning of a new age, who never experience presents or their first taste of sugar and for some, never even know the concept of aging. These children are malnourished, unloved and are desperately seeking families. This is a BLOG from a woman who advocates for these kids like crazy, she has a huge heart. These are only a few of the faces laying waiting for their families. Reeces Rainbow (which I have talked about before) works very hard at getting these children SEEN so they don't become forgotten and shipped to adult mental institutions. Reeces Rainbow has been able to unite many Mothers and Fathers with their children who live far away, and its been my pleasure to watch (through blogs) some of these journeys... then and now.

I am "to be anxious for nothing" for I know my heavenly Father has a plan, that is good. And I know His heart breaks for these children. And I know it's when we do for "the least of these" that heaven rejoices. So, please... pray, give, adopt. Remember these children. 

And please look again, or for the first time, to the one that causes me restless nights, Heath. Give to his adoption fund, if you can.

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” 
Matthew 19:14







2 comments:

  1. Your entries make me tear up. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Floyd can't wait to see you grandma! We're hoping August. : )

      Delete